Jan 10, 2009

Entry 014 - Effect of Spending Too Much Time On A Computer

Dear blog,


Lately, I had trouble to sleep. I don't know why. At the same time, I'm suffering a back pain. It was weird. Then, I look up the Internet and found out nasty facts about effects of too much spending time on computer. Here's the information that I found.


Japanese researchers recently found that among 25,000 office workers surveyed over three years, people who spent the most time in front of a computer screen suffered most from such symptoms as back pain, anxiety and insomnia.


What are the negative effects of spending too much time with the computer?


1. Gain weight by sitting in one place for so long and not getting any exercise.
2. Neglecting to clean or cook because it takes time away from the pc
3. Sore back muscles.
4. Blurred eyesight
5. Freaking out when your internet server is down.
6. Not sitting down to eat at the table.
7. Putting off peeing when you have to go, because it takes time away from being online. One may suffer bladder infections from these.
8. Limiting time spent with family and friends in favour of the computer.


If that is not enough, look below:


Eye strain, body odour (from not bathing), lack of friends (from not socializing), starvation (from not getting up to eat), obesity (from snacking while on computer), and no sex life (also see lack of friends above).


How are you going to deal with it?


I suggest before you approach the computer, think first what you are going to do exactly.

1. Become aware of how much time you might be spending on nonessential computer tasks.

2. You can also print out online materials and read it later.

3. Make a day which is computer-free.

I hope this will help me and others too.

No comments: