Jan 16, 2011

Entry 182 - Time of Happiness

Dear blog,

"Happiness is not a destination. It's a voyage".

I am a voyager on Earth, seeking out new opportunities on new lands. Most of my time will be spent on the ocean. There are times the waves can be devastating, but there will be times when everything will be calm. Although I may reach a goal in months to come, but the journey is what makes everything worth while.

I am a maestro. A maestro who conducts my life. I don't determine everything for others. I set my motion for each day. Where will I be tomorrow? That, I do not know. For today, I can predict up to a certain stretch of time. God knows, man has its own fate. My fate is laid out for me, but my actions will determine the outcome of my fate. I don't know my fate, but I will orchestrate my life, not others.

This life of mine, maybe short, maybe long. Maybe fortunate, maybe not. The happiness that I seek, is not at the end of the road. It is within the journey that I took.

"Road I Must Travel" by The Nightwatchman

Well I climbed the seven summits,
And I swam the seven seas,
But the road I must travel,
Its end I cannot see.

Well I fought in the jungles,
And I fought in the streets,
But the road I must travel,
Its end I cannot see.

Once I had a reason,
Don't know what it should be,
And the road I must travel,
Its end I cannot see.

I walked the empty desert,
And I was burned in the heat,
But the road I must travel,
Its end I cannot see.

Well I crossed the frozen wasteland,
And in the bitter cold did freeze,
But the road I must travel,
Its end I cannot see.

And I will knock on every door,
For I do not have a key,
And the road I must travel,
Its end I cannot see.

Well I sang to myself,
That I want to be free,
But the road I must travel,
Its end I cannot see.

Why wait for tomorrow, when you can be happy today? I will pick myself up now.

A promise to myself, I will become stronger.

No comments: