Sep 20, 2009

Entry 133 - Sakura Festival 2009, My Birthday, & Happy Eid ul-Mubarak.

Dear blog,

Sakura Festival is a programme that was organized by International Pacific College (IPC) in Palmerston North, New Zealand. It is named Sakura Festival probably because in the college compound, there are many Sakura trees. Sakura tree, or also known as Cherry Blossom, is the kind of tree that blooms several times in a year with pink petals.

Since I went with several people in my group, I rented a minivan. It's like Toyota Estima, but the name is Previa. I am not sure if it is a new version of Estima, but it really looks nice. Moreover, since it is my first time driving a big car (can it be categorised as a car?), I felt nervous but eventually, I drove it well! Lucky me. The journey was almost 2 hours. We convoyed there with six vehicles. Impressive eh?

Reaching there, as what others said about the place, is that it is cold and windy. Much more cooler than Wellington, but it cannot beat Wellington in term of the wind. Although others are shivering, interestingly, I am not. I just wear a plain T-shirt, while others are wearing their jackets. I gave Abol my jacket though he already put one.

There, as what the name of the festival is, filled with many Sakura trees. I think, I can just use the photo taken and said that I went to Japan during the spring. The surroundings of the college are also breathtaking as it is peaceful and have many trees, with two big ponds. It is kind of Feng Shui concept in there. I love being there as it is kind of a new and fresh thing for me since I am too used to be in Wellington.

There are many cultural performances. There were Hula dancing (not sure whether it is Hula), and other Indochina countries performance which I do not know the name of it. However, I did not stay there for too long because there are other places that I need to visit as well. Mind you, there are lots of food stalls and since I am fasting on the day, the temptation is strong, but as well as my 'iman'. I will preserve it well for Allah (that's right!).

Horror house is another best part of the festival. People were lining up like crazy! Nevertheless, I felt like going inside, with my friends. Moreover, for the girls, seeing Japanese guys who look like a character in Japanese dramas that they think are hot, is driving them crazy! Oh God. Anyway, when we are going in, they push me to be in the front of the group. Damn. When we were in the house, it became dark as the door was closed, and we were supposed to walk to the room with hanging snake and baby (made from rubber). Some were starting to get anxious, as they don't know what is coming to them. Although the ghosts were trying to startle me, I kept saying "Aiyak?" as in "is that all you have?" There was one ghost, which guide my group back to the right path because we went into different direction. However, one of my friends cried because she was startled and scared by ghosts that hold her feet. Poor her.

Nasi Lemak in Malayan Bistro, one of the Malaysian food stall is indeed one of the highly visited stall during the festival. I also had the chance to talk with the Malay guy who was frying the chicken parts. Didn't get his name though, but he was preparing the food with another Malay girl. He was friendly too as meeting other Malaysians in a foreign country means almost the same as meeting your brother or sister. However, as we were fasting, we just bought the meal and have it during the break from the fast.

Well, words can't simply explain everything, as there are tons of things that happen there. Therefore, I guess, the photos included here will well tell the story. There might be some photos that I didn't include here, since there are many photos! Anyway, if you would like to see a bigger picture, you can always look in my Picasa Web Album. Here's the link for this album: September 19, 2009.





20/09/2009. It is my birthday. I would like to extend my thanks to everyone who wishes me either by Facebook, cards, or directly. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Many thanks also to my girlfriend who call me on exact time of 12 o'clock in Wellington time. Thank you so much dear for wishing me on the day. Additionally, having friends who remember your birthday does feel good. Special thanks to everyone. Jun, Grace, Janice, Geam, Robot, Nisrin, Aizat, Shukri, Abol, Acab, Fatin, Irrina, Ajib, Kam, Liyana, Nurul, Fiffy, Estee, and many other more who I know wished me. I would love to say many thanks (I do not know how many thanks had I wished) for the gifts that I received. Everything is special and I love it. You guys make my life rocks! But I do not have any photos to be uploaded yet.

Not to forget, Happy Eid ul-Mubarak to every Muslims in the world. I hope with Ramadhan is now leaving us, Syawal will bring us another month of happiness, be it here and afterlife. There are tons of photos which came not from my camera as I did not took mine to the embassy. If I get the hand on the photos, I will surely upload and give appropriate credits to the owners as well. Again, I hope this month will be a month that benefits us. Forgive any kind of my wrongdoings and mistakes to everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday jugak dr aunty :) Smoga Khirol dlindungi n dirahmati Allah selalu......