Dear blog,
This is my first time publishing an entry with my new netbook. So, what is a netbook? It is not a notebook, differs phonologically of course. Well, a netbook is a portable computer, but much more smaller than any conventional laptops. In a geeky term, netbook is known as Ultra Low Cost Portable Computer (ULCPC). Ever seen anyone carrying around a 10 inch laptop? That is a netbook. I am using HP Mini 1000 series netbook. With its Intel Atom processor and 1GB ram, it is not for any gamers, programmers, or video editors. It is stuffed with these way back components as it reduce the power usage and of course, the weight. I still remember carrying around my previous 15 inch laptop in my back pack. It's too heavy, I suffered back pain. Now, with netbook, I feel so light (though I'm fat). It's so light (the netbook of course), I feel like I can flip it in the air. Something I would not do, but I can imagine me doing it.
This is my first time publishing an entry with my new netbook. So, what is a netbook? It is not a notebook, differs phonologically of course. Well, a netbook is a portable computer, but much more smaller than any conventional laptops. In a geeky term, netbook is known as Ultra Low Cost Portable Computer (ULCPC). Ever seen anyone carrying around a 10 inch laptop? That is a netbook. I am using HP Mini 1000 series netbook. With its Intel Atom processor and 1GB ram, it is not for any gamers, programmers, or video editors. It is stuffed with these way back components as it reduce the power usage and of course, the weight. I still remember carrying around my previous 15 inch laptop in my back pack. It's too heavy, I suffered back pain. Now, with netbook, I feel so light (though I'm fat). It's so light (the netbook of course), I feel like I can flip it in the air. Something I would not do, but I can imagine me doing it.
If you think that since netbook is too small, and somehow you end up with HUGE fingertips, think again. My netbook, well, the keypads are well sized and soft when pressed. But I wish if HP does offer an upgrade of back lit keypads. That would be great especially if you are in a dark room. Anyway, that won't be necessary as the main objective of the netbook is to reduce power usage.
The screen resolution is sharp, despite of its 10.1 inch widescreen. It's suitable for a movie-on-the-go session, if you are really into movies. But since it is small, most of netbook producers will throw one essential hardware to reduce the size; the CD-drive. This is quite a problem for those who will need to install anything such as printer driver, or other softwares. But fear not, you can always download the drivers straight from the makers' website.
Why am I telling you all of these information? Well, it is basically because of I can't get back to my place since it is raining outside of the library and the wind is just so impossible for me to walk and not get blown away. Well, here's another advantage of a netbook, you get to bring it to your campus, easily, and not to mention, utilize its wireless network and surf the net!

No comments:
Post a Comment