Aug 17, 2011

Entry 200 - Revisiting Wellington (In Snow)


Dear blog,

By now, everyone should know about the snow in New Zealand. It would be amazing for the Kiwis and a one-in-a-lifetime experience for Malaysian students who are still studying in the land of Maori. It is even amusing for students up north, particularly in Wellington and Auckland.

Every Malaysian students who are and was sent to oversea, must had dreamt about playing in snow. Although, I can't generalize this to everyone, but for me it is a truth. I googled up Wellington and to know that snow doesn't fall down in Wellington due to its geographical location, is pretty much a let down for me. But hey, that means I will have a chance to travel to other places to find snow, isn't it? Hence, I've been to Mount Wellington (surprisingly, it is in Hobart, Tasmania), and Mount Ruapehu.

Nevertheless, for those in Wellington and Auckland have no need to travel further south as snow hits these cities. It must be a magical moments for everyone, and I can imagine how everyone is enjoying this moments.

One of my juniors in Wellington tagged me in a Facebook video. Yes, I can imagine them laughing evilly at me and my friends who are already back in Malaysia. Enjoy it for now boys, once you get back to Malaysia, each of you will squirm like a worm LOL!

I looked up for photos of the snow in New Zealand, and I must say it is indeed amazing. These are the photos that I found:

Oh yeah, Wellington Cable Car in snow. What a wonder!
Photo by Karryn Baudet

Bee Hive in snow. Woohoo!
Photo by Dean Hiller

Pedestrians enjoying snow next to Old Bank Arcade Building.
Photo by Daniel Wylie

Vic students in Kelburn Campus sliding down the slope.
Photo by Katie Farman

I know this man! Always see him in City Council.
Photo by Hamish Coleman-Ross

Amazing isn't it? Of course, for places in South Island, it may not be a good news for them. They have snow in their places, and it is made much worse with the Antarctic Blast. I heard the airport in Christchurch was closed down, and people are advised to store food and water in case of emergency.

Nevertheless, Wellington, I wish that I am there right now to enjoy the snow. Maybe, it's super cold now. But heck, for the sake of enjoying it in Windy Welly, I don't care!

Down here is a video made by Ro Tierney using a Canon 60D. Video were shoot in Cuba Mall (my favourite hangout place).



As much as I love my home town, Kuala Lumpur, and Malaysia, I love Wellington and New Zealand too!

Here's a photo of me in front of Mount Ngauruhoe next to Mount Ruapehu (just for the sake of entertaining myself out of jealousy towards my juniors in Wellington).


I know, I'm still slim at this point of time.

No comments: