Jan 11, 2010

Entry 153 - When There's No Space

Dear blog,

Does anyone wonder why the title for this entry is distractingly emotional? As a photographer (amateur if you need to ask), publishing your photos online is a great way for you to show your passion to the whole world. One way of sharing your photos on the web is by using photo hostings service. These are among popular free photo hosting that you may found on the Internet, such as:

Flickr
Photobucket
Picasa Web Album
Fotopages
Tiny Pic

...and a lot more. But the problem with this 'free' services is that, nothing is actually free. Flickr has a limit of 200 photos only unless if you upgrade it to Pro account. I have a Flickr account too but recently, my previous uploads were hidden from the public as my upload has exceed 200 photos. Photobucket has its restriction of 500 MB storage. Picasa Web Album, which provide unique feature such as its own Picasa image viewer and editor, face recognition with name tagging and location tagging, has its limit of 1 GB. Fotopages, though has unlimited storage, is using simple HTML coding that allow you to upload only 6 photos at one time, and I often found that the photos were not uploaded successfully most of the time. WHICH pisses me off because I have hundreds of photos to be uploaded.

See? Nothing is free and yet I complain. I can't help but to feel annoyed as right now, my Picasa Web Album is running out of space. What makes thing worst is that, no photo hosting allow you to embed multiple photos into any entry. You have to selectively copy the embedded url one by one if you want the photos to appear. WHICH, again, is a hassle if there's hundreds of photos. Yes, I DID copy and paste hundreds of url for a lot of my entries. And I'm sick of doing that repetitively.

In what way that I can share my passion with everyone if I'm hindered from these privilege. Buy a Pro account and pay for it annually? Without making any profit from that? I'm just a amateur photographer which happen to love photography and willingly to share the photos on the web. Unless if I'm going to be a professional photographer who makes money from selling the photos online, yes, it might worth the shot. But currently, this is my hobby.

Frustation. So I came up with this idea. To upload the videos on Youtube or Facebook's video. This way, I think I may be able to save the hassle of pasting hundreds url. Plus, I can put any song to cheer up the mood.




Well, basically that's what I have in store. I do have some video clips that I posted on Youtube. But I will post it on another entries. I had enough of blabbering here. See you soon.

P/s: Oh yeah, if these entry were to be linked into my Facebook, maybe the video won't be visible. But do check the video in my Facebook's Video tab. Thank you!

1 comment:

adzuan aziz said...

hahaha.masalah stended.ko buat la byk acct picasa or what so ever kan.haha.senang.buat eemel free je kan..