Dear blog,
I know that I had quite a time regretting about not doing my assignment earlier. It's too much, and I felt that I can't take this anymore. I'm not like anyone who is so damn good with their words, know what to write, and can write a good piece of writing within a short time. Heck, even if I had longer time, it will take every mental resources in me to produce one. Some may laugh at me as they will think that I'm an idiot, who is not good with my words. I remember once a lecturer commented on my writing. Too simple. I was shocked. What does that mean? Do I have to complicate my own idea, just to look 'intelligent'? And here I am, thinking that when one is writing, he should keep it simple as it will help other readers. I'm not talking about writing a poem, you can put trashes of words and it will look beautiful (take Shakespeare for instance; everyone claims his writing is romantic and melancholic, beautiful and out of this world, but hey, he wrote in a language style that people during that era doesn't even speak, yet people this day said he's God in writing). Irony. I know, some will get mad at me, and disagree with me for the way I spoke of him, and how I think that writing should be simplified. There are thousands of scholarly articles written by great educationalists, theorists, philosophers (the most ridiculous words-twister), et cetera , which utilizes complex sentences to deliver a meaning, yet can be said in a simpler way (when I said it's complex, I mean real complex). I know some of my friends are good writers, and some are terrible ones. And I like to put myself a little bit to the middle. I know some will mock me for my own writing (even for this entry). You see, there are people who are linguistically intelligent and I'm really sure I'm not one of them. This linguistic people are excellent at noticing what went wrong with the languages, and quickly pointing out other people's mistakes. Look man, I appreciate what you're doing, but not everyone is the same as you, not everyone is capable of writing as good as you, and not everyone can receive critics well.
Haish.
I am wondering, has I stopped learning? I had tough time to understand an article. Sometimes I can't focus my attention on few sentences, as if the words, or rather, the alphabets, are dancing in and out from the text. Dyslexia? No, I don't think so. I guess it has to do with my own problem. I hate reading, to be honest. And yeah, I heard everyone said that reading is the window to knowledge. Even our Prophet was asked to read in the name of God. Yet, I hate reading. Is it because I am not a book-person? I enjoyed listening and speaking to others, I prefer drawing than writing, I love playing sports and musical instruments. Some may point out to me, hey, it's Gardner's Theory. Clearly, I'm all of the major spectrum in the Intelligent Types but clearly, linguistic is not my forte.
Haish.
Well, though I keep rambling about my own problem, I know, assignment must be written, journal articles must be read, and your life, you shouldn't be grumpy about it. Maybe it's time for me to move on and make a change. I'm hoping that I will be able to become a more complete person (and I doubt this phrase is grammatically correct).
For my friends who will be going to South Island, have a blast! I wish I can go, but I'm saving the fun for this end of the year with my girlfriend (and I hope my parents as well). Do tell me what I need to see okay?
P/s: I almost spend $95 for 10 minutes scenic ride on a helicopter. Twice. I will ride it once and capture the Wellington City from the sky. Can't wait for the chance. And yes, skydiving too!
1 comment:
salam kenangan, pasti setiap detik kehidupan sangat berharga buat u.. yes, hidup susah dinegara orang membuatkan u jadi lebih matang.. no harm to work as a cleaner, at least u tak mencuri.. hmm, i miss welli cable car. kalau i tau u ada bolehlah i bawakkan sambal pecal, jajan dari malaysia :)
anyway, take care ya..
Post a Comment