Oct 24, 2009

Entry 144 - ASCII Rocks!

Dear blog,

Have you ever heard of ASCII art? Did you ever came across an image that is comprised of alphabets and symbols? If you look closer enough of the photo, you might notice that there are hundreds or thousands or the symbols making up the whole image. In early age of ASCII, some created it in a simpler form. But this day, lots of people are seeing ASCII as an art, an can be created in much complex form. But for me, who is not a true 'tensai' (meaning 'genius' in Japanese), creating ASCII art is a breeze by using a software that convert the images into text form. Here are some examples:

P/s: I don't copy the texts and symbols into this entry as there's no way to make sure it fits within this form. So I took a screenshot of each converted image.

Myself, in a car.

I love this one, plan to have this printed on a black shirt =)

This is my camera, Sony Alpha 350

An image of me, in front of Malaysian flag.

Me and my girlfriend =)

If you would like to know how to do this, you can search for this software: DotNet Picture to Text Generator. I'm not sure whether this software is licensed or not, but I know what you'll think: "What the f**k, I don't give a damn". LOL. Anyway, there's also another kind of art that uses album covers of several artists, and combined it to make an image. I'm not sure of its name, but I will update soon about it. Till then, cheers!

No comments: