Dec 31, 2010

Entry 174 - My New Year Resolution

Dear blog,

Between the junction of 11.59 p.m. 31/12/2010 and 12.00 a.m. 01/01/2011, I have yet to realize what I had achieved this year (2010). What changes had I made to myself, and to the others? And as normal as most people would do, I too have my own New Year Resolution (NYR). Despite that, who knows everything that we planned can be successfully carried out? Only God knows, and within His actions are what He deemed the best for us. Thank you Allah.

Here's my 2011 NYR. The items in this list is generated from a website.

  1. Eat well. I have too somehow.
  2. Stop. Collaborate. (and listen). Does that mean, more group works and be the silent partner?
  3. Avoid drama. Dramas in real life, that I can avoid. TV series, now that's something I can't avoid.
  4. Enjoy the outdoors. Sure, get more tan. Like I'm not tan enough.
  5. Say hi to a stranger. Ma said to avoid strangers with candy, but if they have cash for free, why not?
  6. Care deeply. In the progress.
  7. See the good in people. That's tough to do, but I will give my best.
  8. Be a better person. An ongoing process.
  9. Try my hand at astrophotography and photograph the stars. How the heck do I make sure my camera powers on for 3-4 hours?
  10. Reconnect with an old friend. See, that's why Mark invented Facebook.
  11. Eat more fruit. I know, vitamins and minerals. Yadda Yadda Yadda.
  12. Get some sleep. Insomniac as I am, will give my best without sleeping pills.
  13. Spread kindness. Spread kindness? Really? How?
  14. Share the remote control. I'm the prince at my house. TVs are not cool like a PC. You can have the remote.
  15. Jog. Healthy wise, I should do this more often.
  16. Touch my toes. Why does this generator seems to know what I need to do, rather than what I want?
  17. Call Mom and Dad more often. I will, thanks for the usual reminder.
  18. Move around. You see, moving around without a context is ambiguous for me. I moved around so much in my house, so much that irritates my Mom to say, 'Stay still'.
  19. Try a new cafe. Excessive caffeine is not good for your heart.
  20. Be available. I prefer to appear off-line on YM. But that would make me socially declining isn't it?
  21. Sing out of tune. No worries, that I do best. No sweat at all.
  22. Start or actually update my blog. Now this is something that I need to do. Do I need to promise myself, an entry for a day? I should, right?
  23. Spend more time with myself. Ah, the self-pleasuring moments :P
  24. Look up at the sky. And taste the acidic rains? No.
  25. Realize none of us are strangers. Are we? Maybe.
  26. Show gratitude. Thank you everyone! Thank you!
Well, that's all that I have for now. What I need to have now is, determination and spirit to continue doing everything listed in here. I hope I will be able to do everything, although this is a bit general. Perhaps I will come up with something more specific, like, a photograph a day? Perhaps.


Well folks, a Happy New Year to all! May the year be prosperous for all of us!

2 comments:

[z@ck] said...

err.no. 5 tu, nampak sangat ko mata duitan.ngahahahha

Unknown said...

Hahaha memang aku mata duitan pun. Bab perabih duit lagi aku cepat dari orang lain hahaha