Dec 5, 2010

Entry 170 - I'm Home~

Dear blog,

HELLO MALAYSIA!

I'm home! It's been a week since my 1 year, 9 months, 1 week, and 6 days voyage in the Oceania regions (New Zealand and Australia). I've been to Wellington, Palmerston North, Rotorua, Mount Ruapehu, and Auckland in New Zealand (which is in North Island of NZ), and also Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Hobart, Melbourne, and Sydney (mostly in Eastern and Southern side of Australia). Man, the world is so huge, and I don't think I can go to all places (although it's my dream to be everywhere).

Let's talk about Malaysia now. Where should I start? Weather? Yes, it should be first. When I first arrived in KLIA, man, it is really hot and humid! Call me 'mengada-ngada' or bitching about the temperature, but hey, I had been to a place where it's really cold in winter, but just warm enough in summer, and that's for almost two years. Of course my body had adapted to the temperatures over there. It will take a while for me to get used to this weather, which is 26°C in Kulim because of the raining season. It will go higher in January onwards, maybe reaching 34°C or 36°C especially in KL. Oh God, please help me.

Okay, what's next? People? Of course! A country is made of its people, right? I remember Malaysia being a nice place to stay with all the people are polite to each other. Or at least, respective. These days? I don't know where to start actually. I heard a radio snippets from Dato' Seri Utama Dr. Rais Yatim, who talked about the need for Malaysians to be encouraged to speak politely, being courteous, and possess a well-mannered behaviour. All is important especially for those who are in the trading or tourism business. But what I saw, or treated was totally opposite of the appeal. I remember giving a greeting in Islam manner which is 'Assalamualaikum' to a cashier, but was treated coldly without any response. As soon as I made my payment, the cashier just gave the change, and go back to sleep at the counter. This is somehow unacceptable to me, as I think that it's okay for him to sleep, but please be courteous to your customers. At least a thank you is sufficient, even more with a smile. Okay, this is not a generalization to everything. That was just an example in my daily life. I'm not sure how's yours.

Crime. Everywhere, there is crime, in our world of course. But Malaysia, with brutal murders? Why is it happening? Is it because of the influence coming from illegal workers who I heard are exiled murderers from their own countries? Why is it, Malaysia is allowing such people to roam freely? We are too soft on our own law, and more and more outsiders are coming into our countries for better living. But hey, who is actually suffering now? In China as I recalled, had made a stern warning to every trespassers, and I shall rephrased it: "You come in without consent, we have the licence to shoot your heads, or balls". Nah, that's just an exaggeration. You catch my drift? You should. Even Singapore is doing the same. Why can't we? Are we too concern with humanitarian acts, and softly wanting to settle this in a peaceful way? I watched on the news, illegal workers who were caught are places in detention centres. They get free meals. Tell me, if we're able to send them away to their countries (which I know doesn't want to accept them back), how much are we able to save? How many mouth and tummies of our own people who are suffering can be filled? How many kilometres of roads can be repaired or improved? Man, these illegal workers are causing our nations a loss in economical terms. In another aspect, more people are turning to loan sharks due to incapability to deal with financial problem. Those who are succumbed to threats by the loan sharks, would do anything to solve their problem. That involved a kidnapping of a student in Nursing College, which made into news on prime channels on television. We must acknowledge that Malaysia, although is getting back on its feet after experiencing depressing economy momentum, the real disadvantage are experienced by the citizens, who mostly came from low-income families. I'm not criticizing anyone, or condemning anything, but when people are pushed to a border of obligation, they will do anything. Any mean necessary to survive, including doing all the dirty works. Oh Malaysia, I wish everything can be returned to the same peaceful era.

Politic? Another area that makes life in Malaysia, a bit spicier. Hey, there's many parties, being united under many umbrellas, and all are fighting to gain positions in the government. Who wouldn't? And how many wouldn't want to let go of their positions? Lots! Plato quoted: "Democracy passes into despotism". And we can't blame that, as long as they are doing their jobs, but please be nice to everyone, be it from your supporters, or the oppositions, as everyone is fighting hard to live. What I can't stand these days are the name-calling, ridicule each other, and many kinds of dirty tricks. Hey both sides, stop being childish and please unite. It's not you who will go to heaven if you're fighting each other, but it's the citizens who are living in hell. And yes I know, it's hard to let go of your own principles or agendas, but please remember, the position that you are pursuing for is not for yourselves, it's for the citizens. Man, I'm not good to talk about politics. After all, I don't want to be involved in this ridiculous game. It will be a childish game if the politic is staying the way it is.

Oh my, I had been babbling. Pardon me if my words hurt anyone, but admit it, there are times when your words do hurt us too. So it's a give or take.

All in all, I feel good to be back home in Malaysia. It will better if there's less problem these days.

P/s: I still couldn't decide on which phone network services that I should subscribe to? I just want to use prepaid, postpaid is too much for me who is still not working. And what wireless broadband should I use?

2 comments:

Frodo Baggins said...

ada malaysian dah jadi robot
xder feelin langsong
bejet artis lerrr tuh! hakhak
nilai diri dah hilang?
welkem home!!

pakai public phone sudeyh

Unknown said...

jati diri xda dah tu skrg. smua buat x endah ja skrg. masing2 nak penting diri ja. tp kalau kita x penting diri pun bahaya gak.

ada kes buat2 kereta rosak tepi jalan, satu laki berenti nk tlg, kena rompak pulak. larikan keta dia.

knapa la jahat sgt manusia skrg ni

tima kasih

public phone kalau boleh angkut gi mana2 sng crita. tu pun kalau public phone tu x rosak dek keja bdk2