Dear blog,
Benut, Pontian. Who would have thought that I will be working here as a teacher? There are many things that I wish to pen it down, but sometimes these incoherent thoughts that lurk in my mind cannot be channelled properly to my fingers' nerves and muscles. Thus, I'm stuck here with having nothing to tell, or how to tell. Hence, I decided to upload the photos that I took when I was in Pontian. Most of my time will be spent in Benut.
 |
| Benut (the region coloured red) |
 |
| Johor |
 |
| The bus stand in front of SMK Sri Tanjung |
 |
| My house. It's a double-storey terrace house, which I rent for RM300 per month. |
 |
| The view outside of the homestay that is the very first accommodation for my family and me. |
 |
| The girls practising for shot-put event for school sport training session. |
 |
| The boys are doing their best with shot-put. |
 |
| Teachers would usually stand and commented on students' performance. |
 |
| As there are no banks in this town, ATMs are usually placed in other buildings, like this one. Maybank ATM in post-office area. I can find more ATMs in petrol station or 24-hour convenience stores. |
 |
| The look of my house. Notice the glass door at the entrance of the house? When it's night, everyone can see the inside of it because there are no curtains. |
 |
| For a moment, my Dad and I pasted old newspaper on the sliding doors so outsiders can't look inside of the house when lights are switched on at night. |
 |
| I may call this a wall of info. A bit pitiful but it will soon go away. |
 |
| One of the block of students' classroom. This was taken around 6.50 a.m. |
 |
| When I came in too early, even the staff room is not yet opened. I learnt not to come that early anymore. |
 |
| Thanks to my neighbours, they came and put on a railing for the curtains, and gave me an old television so that I can watch something if I'm bored. |
 |
| This is my house key. And the key with the red heart in the cage, is not a key. It's a key-chain. I thought it would be nice to have keys attached to a 'key'. But I hate the small bell hanging on the key-chain. It keeps dangling and is noisy. I will throw it away someday. |
 |
| The trees next to the field. I like the flowers that came from the tree. It's almost like Sakura in Japan. |
 |
| A barber shop in Pontian, 26km away from my school. I have yet to found a barber shop closer to my house, except saloons. But the service was very good. I received a haircut, head and back massage, all for RM 7. If I was in Bangsar, a barbershop there would charge me with RM17 if I'm not mistaken. |
 |
| A shopping mall. Well, I wouldn't call this mall, but this is better than nothing. I supposed this is called Billion Supermarket, and it has two fast food restaurants: KFC and Pizza Hut. |
 |
| An archery competition in Pontian. I saw it while I was riding my bike to the city. |
 |
| Apparently it was a district level competition among school students. |
 |
| The inside of a taxi I rode when I was on my way to Pontian. It's RM 24 for 26km. |
 |
| I forgot to bring my helmet when I went to Pekan Nenas PosLaju office to retrieve my motorcycle, so I had to buy a helmet from nearby workshop. There goes my RM70. |
 |
| Sigh. my sport rim was scratched. |
 |
| More scratch |
 |
| Scratch... |
 |
| Scratch... |
 |
| Scratch...
|
 |
| Scratch...
|
 |
| Even the rubber foot-pedal was shoved inward. |
 |
| Scratch...
|
 |
| My motorcycle. Honda Wave Dash 110cc. |
 |
| Restoran Nasi Ayam Rasa Malaysia. |
 |
| Yummy, Chicken Rice. Yes, the look is not inviting at all, but the taste is not bad. |
Well, that is all for now. I do hope I can show you more of Benut and Pontian, but that has to wait. This is my second week in school, and since I'm in school, I better do what I'm supposed to do. Facebook Prepare lesson plans and go to relief classes.
That is all for now. Thank you.
P/s: I can't wait to go home for the coming school holiday :)