Dear blog,
Recently I went for a picnic at Bayu Senja Resort, which is in Batu Ferringhi, Penang. What I like about this place is its white and sandy beach, which is hard to find in Kedah. The only beach that I know in Kedah is Pantai Merdeka. I went there about a few times when I was small, but now the sands on the beach felt a little bit muddy. Okay, back to Bayu Senja. The beach stretch for one kilometre or so, and you can find some water sports available here such as jet ski, banana boat, or being pulled by a speedboat while wearing a parachute (sorry, I don't know what kind of name for this kind of activity). And yes, I tried to ride the jet ski for the first time! I think the one that I rode was a 750cc Yamaha jet ski. Paid for it for RM60, just only for 15 minutes! Damn, it was pricey, but I got a good experience with it. Although the attendants said if my time had reached 15 minutes, they will call me, but heck I would know if they were actually calling for me. Managed to ride like, what, 20 minutes or so?
 |
| My Mom, Aunt, and Cousin |
 |
| My Cousin, Kak Maria |
 |
| Titanic Scene? Definitely not! |
 |
| Me :) |
 |
| Me again :) |
 |
| Kak Maria on Bayu Senja |
 |
| Kak Maria with her beach hat |
 |
| My Mom |
 |
| Kak Maria |
 |
| 'Jejaka Hensem', as claimed by my cousin. |
 |
| Me and my Mom |
 |
| Kak Maria and Mak Ngah |
I do want to try being pulled by the speedboat while wearing a parachute, but for RM80 just only for one round (roughly 50 metres), it's a waste of money. I think those people (the operative of beach sports) are taking advantage of the tourists that came here.
Well, one thing that I must praise is the cleanliness of this beach. It's a good thing to see many people who came here know to take care of the place. It's a shame to see if people who bring foods in plastic wraps and leave it there once they have finished eating it.
Oh yeah, one more thing. There were a lot of Vietnamese, Bangladeshi, Burmese, and I don't know what else that came here. They came in a huge group, maybe 30 something. Looking at them made me remembered how I was in Wellington two years ago. Being a total foreigner on other people's country, and having fun at the beach. I totally understand them. I do noticed some of the local's eyes who were filled with resentment against them. What's to hate about them? They are in foreign land, and surely they are happy to meet with people from the same country, and maybe from the same place of work. I do hope that our society will not judge people easily, and just be nice to others for once.
Well, that's how I spent a holiday with my family. My dad didn't want to come. I think he's up to the age where home is the best place to be :)
No comments:
Post a Comment