Oct 19, 2011

Entry 206 - Vacation Treat

Dear blog,

Last week, 39 of us from IPG Kampus Bahasa Antarabangsa went to Pangkor Island for three days two nights to attend for Managing Co-Curriculum Course. Supposedly there should be 40 people, but one got involved in an accident. Pity that person.

Nevertheless, I believe it is a pleasant experience for us. For those who didn't go, I have no right to say they lost their chances since everyone has their preferences in doing things in life. For me, I believe that I need to equip myself with all the knowledge necessary to become a functional teacher in the next school I am going to be posted. It will be a sad thing if I can't do anything and looked down by others. I rather not have that perception thrown or stamped on my forehead.

Well, Pangkor Island is nice. Except for the fact that the beach were very sandy. Sandy in the sense, lots of small-small stones. The sunset, mesmerizing. The Sun? No. I got sunburn even after I applied sunblock.

Among the things that we did over there was:

Water Confidence: This is the most important aspect for any kind of activities involving water. I know most of my friends do not know how to swim, and to go into the sea for kayaking will be very dangerous. Even if they use life jackets, but when it comes to panic, you might eventually drown from the struggle. What we did was, wear the life jacket and go into the sea with a partner. Better known as buddy system.

Water Safety: Knowing that life jacket will always save you, we learn about how to save people who needs help in the sea. How to escape the grasp of the victim, how to carry the victim back to the shores, CPR and et cetera.

Kayaking: The fun and tiring part of the whole thing! Who knew kayaking in the sea can be very tiring? To fight the wave, the wind, and the constant current that bring you on the other side of the kayak. But alhamdullillah. My girlfriend and I managed to paddle to the other side of the beach, although we were extremely tired and felt some muscle pain afterwards.

Abseiling: I love this, and at the same time, I'm afraid to do this. Yet, I'm the first person to go down the cliff. Managed to bribe my girlfriend to do the same LOL. Well, everyone did the abseiling except for few people which I can understand the reasons behind not doing it.

Orientaring: Using compass and finding points? It's easy to do, but it can be very hard for the children. Well, you can use this to conduct English lessons in teaching children about preposition, or many other things.

Well, I think I have wrote down many things. As usual, the photos will tell it all. Do enjoy them! And for 6 photos at the end of everything belongs to my roommate, Imran, so the credit goes to him!




Now, I'm trying to rescue my face due to lots of pimple coming out. Wrong usage of brightening lotion!

No comments: